Job: Communications and Marketing Officer
Orant Charities Africa
Position: Communications and Marketing Officer
Reports to: Country Director – Orant Charities Africa, Executive Director – Orant Charities US
The role of the Communications and Marketing Officer is to collect and tell stories from our operations in Central Malawi. The Communications and Marketing Officer will work closely with the Orant program managers, medical staff, and the local community to collect stories that might interest donors abroad. The Communications and Marketing Officer will also collaborate with the marketing and communications team in the US and provide them with stories, information, images, and other content as per the marketing strategy.
- Maintain a close connection with other Orant team members to enable easy collaboration
- Collect stories and testimonials of our impact in the community
- Design marketing materials such as fliers, articles etc.
- Develop content for our social media; photos, videos etc. and share with the Orant Charities US (OCUS) team
- Liaise with the data officer to collaborate on potential data-driven stories
- Help maintain Instagram and add a Malawian perspective as determined by the marketing strategy and OCUS marketing team
- Share weekly video content on Facebook and Instagram Stories
- Interview staff or others for interviews and articles
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- At least a Diploma (in journalism, communication, marketing or any equivalent)
- At least 1 year of experience working in communication, marketing, or media
- Strong knowledge of storytelling and social media
- Understanding of email, and Microsoft Office/Google Workspace
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate as part of a culturally diverse team
- Work closely with team and gather stories from team members and own experiences
- Excellent professional command of written and spoken English
- Ability to work in rural setup
- Other social media
- Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, etc.)
- Video production
Additional information for the application
- CV with three traceable Referees
- Copies of certificates and list of accomplishments
- Example of digital marketing, storytelling/journalism, or creative abilities which may include;
- Advertisement, marketing plan, etc.
- Writing samples, photographs, ad design etc.
- Cover letter mentioning expected remuneration
Apply by sending an email to: [email protected] by 5pm on Friday 4th June,2021