Orant Charities Africa University Fund
The Orant Charities Africa University Fund was created in 2021 to help successful and passionate Malawian students to continue their education after secondary school.
After seeing the success of our secondary students, we knew we needed a way to continue investing in the education of hardworking, intelligent, Malawian youth.
At the moment, the Orant Charities Africa University Fund comprises of the Orant Ulemu Scholarship which aims to support the most outstanding Malawian girls that were previously Orant secondary school sponsor students.
Donors from around the world make this fund a possibility. If you would like to donate to this fund specifically please use the button below to ensure that your donation will contribute directly to sending Malawians to university.
Orant Ulemu Scholarship
Ulemu means “respect” in Chichewa. Respect is an important word for Orant. It is one of our values, it describes how we should treat one another, and denotes the respect awarded to those that continue their education against all odds, as the recipients of this scholarship are meant to do.
The Orant Ulemu Scholarship is a scholarship awarded to current or prospective Malawian university students to pursue a degree or diploma in Malawi. Students that are selected will be funded for the extent of the program applied for, up to five years.
Below is further information regarding the terms and eligibility of the Orant Ulemu Scholarship. Please be sure to review all the information before submitting your application. Only one application per student per year is allowed.
Please turn in the application and all the required supporting documents as mentioned in the application to one of the following locations:
- Mailed to : P/bag 365 Lilongwe
- Handed in to: Orant Charities Africa, M1, Kasese, Dowa, Malawi
- Emailed to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: November 30th, 2021
Terms and Eligibility
- This application is only open to Malawian students under the age of 31 by the end of the application deadline, which is noted above and on Orant’s website.
- Only former Orant Sponsor Students are eligible to receive the Orant Ulemu Scholarship.
- The Orant Ulemu Scholarship will continue for one to five years depending on the course of study. Each semester, the student will be assessed by the Orant Charities, their mentor, and their university to see if they will remain eligible to receive the Scholarship.
- A maximum amount of 900,000 MWK can be awarded to each recipient of the Scholarship per year.
- All applicants with MSCE scores of 25 and lower will be considered. Those with 20 and below will be prioritized. Top priority will be given to disadvantaged students.
- Applicants can apply only for funding for one degree or diploma program per application period. Only the first application received will be considered.
- The Orant Ulemu Scholarship is only available for undergraduate degrees. No master’s or other degree funding will be considered.
- Applicants that have previously received Orant Ulemu Scholarship funding are ineligible to receive it for another degree or diploma.
- Any recipient of the Orant Ulemu Scholarship must earn a credit (or its equivalent) every semester or they will forfeit their Scholarship.
- Students with current scholarships or government loans will not be considered for this scholarship.
- Anyone found guilty of plagiarism or academic misconduct will immediately lose the Ulemu Orant Scholarship and be barred from application to all of Orant’s scholarships in the future. If any past, unannounced misconduct comes to light after receiving the scholarship, the student will be withdrawn from the Scholarship.
- Recipients of the Orant Ulemu Scholarship will be considered representatives of Orant Charities Africa. Therefore, any societal misconduct, criminal offense, or involvement in activities that are against Orant Charities Africa’s mission and values will result in the student being withdrawn from the Scholarship.