Job: Lead Communication and Marketing Officer
Position: Lead Communication and Marketing Officer
Location: Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas/Remote
Reports to: Executive Director
Are you a creative, driven, and passionate storyteller? Orant is seeking a Lead Communications and Marketing Officer (LMCO) who is excited by potential, motivated by growth, and inspired by global community.
We are seeking a marketing and communications professional that is passionate about our work, is a master of social media, knows their way around websites, enjoys writing, and can create meaningful content and designs that align with our organization’s values.
The ideal candidate will have three years of professional experience, including two years of experience in a marketing and communications role. The candidate will need to be highly organized, take initiative, and be a creative thinker and a self starter.
The LMCO will be responsible for telling strength-based stories that honor our beneficiaries’ dignity via our social media channels, website, email campaigns, and blog articles. They will connect US-based supporters to an Africa-based mission.
The Lead Communications and Marketing Officer will be part of our US team, but will work closely with our Malawian team in producing communications marketing content for email, website, social media and more.
The LMCO must operate remotely in DFW, Texas while collaborating with a small professional team. Most days will be remote, but you are encouraged to work at offices in Dallas or Fort Worth that we have access to, or meet up in a public place with the team.
Attendance is expected at fundraising or public events that might take place anywhere in the DFW metroplex.
Orant envisions a Malawi in which all people, including women, have independent opportunities to learn, grow, and flourish in stable communities that meet their basic human needs. Orant supports Malawi’s women and communities through holistic, local, and data-driven approaches. Orant’s programs include Healthcare, Education, Water & Sanitation, and Agriculture & Business. Our values are community, respect, collaboration, service, and sustainability.
Orant is composed of two tiers united in mission: Orant Charities US and Orant Charities Africa. Orant Charities Africa is a growing non-profit established in 2014 in Malawi, Africa. Currently, Orant Charities Africa has 60 full time local employees in Malawi that are the heart of our operations. Orant Charities US is a private operating foundation based in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas and founded in 2006. We are a small, multidisciplinary team that provides operational, fundraising, and technical support to Orant Charities Africa.
- Take ownership of Orant’s social media, website, and email marketing
- Work closely with team in Malawi and the US to create thoughtful and interesting content about our operations in Malawi
- Edit, post, and share weekly blog articles
- Develop a comprehensive marketing and communications plan
- Design promotional materials such as flyers, campaign mailers, event programs, reports, and more
- Collaborate with Lead Development Officer to create unified messaging for fundraising campaigns
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience
- Three years of professional work experience desired, but not required – including two years of communications and marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Background in communications, marketing, creative writing, PR, or advertising
- Knowledge of and interest in social media and communications
- Creatively minded storyteller
- Driven, go-getter personality
- Ability to create plans and follow through while remote
- Excited by a dynamic, technologically forward international nonprofit organization
- Interest in Africa and sustainable community investment
Products/systems Orant uses:
- Google Suite
- Facebook, Instagram
- Google Analytics
- Twitter, TikTok
For the Application:
- Cover letter
- One professional reference
Apply at [email protected]