Job: Lead Development Officer
Position: Lead Development Officer
Location: Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
Reports to: Executive Director
Are you a creative, tenacious, and driven self-starter? Do you have an uncanny ability to connect with a diverse range of people, build authentic relationships, and sustain those relationships over time? Orant is looking for a Lead Development Officer who is excited by potential, motivated by growth, and inspired by global community. We are seeking a development professional with a familiarity with the philanthropic landscape of the Dallas-Fort Worth area. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of professional experience and two years of experience in fundraising. The candidate will need to be highly organized, take initiative, practice leadership, and grow alongside an organization whose mission aligns with their values.
The Lead Development Officer must operate remotely in DFW, Texas while collaborating with a small international NGO team. Since the team is small, the Lead Development Officer must be able to wear many hats. They will plan and implement campaigns and events, and help develop our organization’s fundraising strategies. They will not only lead Orant’s fundraising efforts, but also participate in the hands-on aspects of fundraising such as managing annual campaigns, building relationships with donors, overseeing special events, and being the key administrator for Orant Charities’ CRM. Although remote, the Lead Development Officer will be expected to regularly meet with donors and represent Orant at community events in DFW.
Orant envisions a Malawi in which all people, including women, have independent opportunities to learn, grow, and flourish in stable communities that meet their basic human needs. Orant supports Malawi’s women and communities through holistic, local, and data-driven approaches. Orant’s programs include Healthcare, Education, Water & Sanitation, and Agriculture & Business. Our values are community, respect, collaboration, service, and sustainability.
Orant is composed of two tiers united in mission: Orant Charities US and Orant Charities Africa. Orant Charities Africa is a growing non-profit established in 2014 in Malawi, Africa. Currently, Orant Charities Africa has 56 full time local employees in Malawi that are the heart of our operations. Orant Charities US is a private operating foundation based in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas and founded in 2007. We are a small, multidisciplinary team that provides operational, fundraising, and technical support to Orant Charities Africa. The Lead Development Officer will be part of the US team, but will work closely with the Africa team in identifying fundraising opportunities, and collaborating on our Education Program.
- Oversee and direct all fundraising operations for Orant Charities including but not limited to annual campaign management, building donor relationships, managing special events and increasing donor identification.
- Manage database CRM (DonorPerfect) including mailing gift acknowledgements and implementing donor information in a timely manner
- Implement strategy for donor identification and cultivation while increasing awareness for Orant Charities
- Develop and maintain annual fundraising plan and calendar with revenue goals and objectives
- Lead creation of Orant Charities’ fundraising strategy to maintain and increase contributions with current and future donors
- Lead OCUS personnel and Board in fundraising efforts in accordance with the plan and strategy
- Work with Lead Communications Officer on developing proposals and promotional materials
- Develop comprehensive plan to increase major donors, annual campaign donors, and corporate partnerships
- Assist Lead Communications Officer in regular marketing efforts
- Prepare quarterly fundraising reports as needed
- Present yearly fundraising budget
- Travel to Malawi at least once and maintain a connection with, and an understanding of Orant Charities Africa operations
- Travel within DFW area to meet with donors, identify interests, share giving opportunities and closing gifts
- Work closely with the Orant team through systems described below
- Perform other job duties as requested
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience:
- Three years of professional work experience with two years of fundraising experience
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience
- Background in development, planning, and fundraising
- Ability to develop systems to provide follow-up and feedback of potential donors
- Driven, go-getter personality
- Highly organized individual
- Excited by a dynamic, technologically forward international organization
- Interest in Africa and sustainable community investment
- Familiar with the DFW Metroplex
Products/systems Orant uses:
- Donor Perfect
- Constant Contact
- Endaoment (crypto donations)
For the Application:
- Cover letter
- One professional reference
Send us an email to apply at [email protected]