Internship: Education Support Assistant
Position: Education Support Assistant (Intern)
Reports to: Education Program Manager (EPM)
Duty Location: Kasese, Dowa
Orant Charities Africa (OCA) is a registered NGO in Malawi which works in four thematic areas; Healthcare, Water & Sanitation, Agriculture & Business, and Education. OCA would like to hire a suitably qualified, highly motivated and hardworking intern to work in the Education Program. OCA strives to support vulnerable students in order to break the cycle of poverty, and help them to be self-dependent individuals. The specific objectives of the Education program includes ; provision of scholarships primarily for girls to complete secondary education, provision of material, academic, and moral support to students and to increase participation of the community and other relevant stakeholders in advocating for girls’ access to education.
The intern will provide support to the Education Program Manager and other program staff from time to time. The Specific duties and responsibilities include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained below;
- Assist in the selection and recruitment of students to be sponsored by making sure that the neediest students are selected for the program.
- Assist the Education Program Manager (EPM) in making sure that all tuition fees have been paid to the schools
- Facilitate correspondence between donors and students
- Assist the EPM in monitoring the performance and behaviour of students
- Assist in mentoring students
- Assist in distribution of school materials to students when need arises
- Work with parents, teachers, mentors, and other stakeholders to create the best learning environment for students
- Assist in producing regular updates on sponsored students for donors i.e students’ profiles
- Assist in mobilizing the community in advocating for girls’ access to education
- Conduct follow up visits on graduated or drop-out students
- Conduct needs assessment for schools
- Write reports and Engaging case studies
- Perform any other duties as required by the Supervisor
Duration of Internship: 6 months
- A Diploma in Education or Community development. Those with a Degree will have an added advantage
- Computer literate
- Demonstrated ability to live and work in remote rural areas.
- English written and spoken proficiency
- Experience and interest in education and working with District and Day schools
Preferred Skills and Background
- Knowledge or experience in setting up community library
- Very driven to work with local schools
- Gifted communicator
- Good writing skills
- Driver’s License
Tools Used at OCA
- Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc.
- Word, Excel
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to the following email address: [email protected]
OR by mail addressed to the Country Director, Orant Charities Africa, Private Bag 365, Lilongwe by 5pm on Friday, March 3rd,2023
In the application, please include the following:
- Cover letter
- CV with three traceable references
- Copies of Certificates
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Orant Charities Africa is an equal opportunity employer!