Orant Charities Africa (OCA) is a non governmental organization serving in rural communities of Malawi and is registered with both CONGOMA and NGORA. It exists to make a sustainable impact on Malawians especially women and children in areas of healthcare, education, agriculture & microfinance, and water & sanitation. OCA is planning to evaluate its programs to determine the progress of the implementation. The findings of the evaluation will support the development of scalable and sustainable interventions to improve program implementation at both the facility and community levels.
Therefore, OCA intends to hire Enumerators for 14 days to conduct interviews and collect data at the household level in Kasese Catchment Area, T/A Chakhaza, Dowa district.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the enumerators will be to:
- Conduct interviews with households and document responses
- Record coordinates of the area surveyed using GPS
- Utilize electronic devices to record data
- Report progress and challenges regularly to supervisor
- Assist in data entry
- Verify data accuracy and completeness
- Assisting households sign consent
- Ensure confidentiality and security of data.
- Conduct follow-up interviews as necessary to obtain missing or incomplete data.
- Any other job assigned to him or her
- Be a resident of Kasese in Dowa or nearby towns as accommodation shall not be provided
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Public Health, or equivalent
- Have own smartphone that can be used to collect data if necessary
- Good communication skills both in English and Chichewa (writing, facilitating, etc.)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and within a team
- Strong IT skills with excellent command of Microsoft Office Packages
- Proven experience in conducting surveys
To apply: Please send a motivation letter indicating your suitability for the position and a detailed CV plus a copy of your professional certificates which should include three relevant referees, addressing the Survey Coordinator, Orant Charities Africa, P/bag 365, Lilongwe and send to: [email protected] or hand-deliver to Orant Charities Africa, Kasese Health Centre Premises in Dowa not later than 2nd June, 2023. Remember to include the job title in the email subject. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.