Position: Finance and Administration Officer
Reports to: Country Director
Orant Charities Africa (OCA) is a registered NGO in Malawi which works in 4 thematic areas; Healthcare, Agriculture, Education, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. OCA would like to hire a suitably qualified, highly motivated, and hardworking candidate to fill the position of Finance and Administration Officer tenable at Kasese in Dowa. The candidate must be willing to work in remote areas.
This position is responsible for providing bookkeeping, finance, and administration management for Orant Charities Africa. The Finance and Administration officer will supervise the cashier and other staff to ensure compliance of all accounting procedures.
Required skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing a busy office
- Minimum Diploma or Certificate in Accounting, those with a degree will have an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience with QuickBooks accounting software
- Excellent knowledge of computers specifically Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent Organizational and Problem-solving skills
- License to drive is preferred although not a prerequisite
- Must be guided by a spirit of customer service and teamwork
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained below. Additional duties or job functions may be required as identified by the Country Director:
- Maintaining records of monthly financial transactions.
- Preparing financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Processing invoices, receipts and payments and assessing departmental liquidations
- Managing payroll consistent with the appropriate laws and regulations of Malawi.
- Timely preparation of payslips
- Ensuring compliance with all requirements of the Malawi Revenue Authority and remits appropriate taxes accordingly.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all accounting entries.
- Conducting monthly bank statements reconciliations.
- Assisting with budget preparations and monitoring expenditure in accordance with the approved budget.
- Making bank deposits periodically.
- Properly managing petty cash and online payments
- Managing and maintaining office materials and supplies.
- Complying with external audits by providing requested information.
- Supporting all departments in developing reports to donors.
- Supporting administrative functions of the clinic and all departments.
- Assisting with planning for and hosting guests and visitors
- Receiving requests for materials and equipment and prepares purchase orders accordingly.
- Writing correspondence, reports, and office memos
- Attending to visitors and assisting other staff in the organization with their inquiries.
- Working with facilities coordinator to compile fleet management reports
- Filing documents and ensuring proper organization in the office.
- Demonstrate highest degree of integrity in all transactions
- Providing accurate, reliable and honest information to the Country Director
Send a Cover letter (indicating expected remuneration) and CV to; The Country Director, Orant Charities Africa, Private Bag 365, Lilongwe 3 or Email: [email protected] or Hand delivery to our offices in Kasese Health Centre premises before June 5th, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.